· Identify integrative interventions such as nutrition, supplementation and somatic focused therapies to improve mental health outcomes
· Understand the role of nutrition and the gut microbiome in mental health disorders
· Identify behaviors that are related to physiological imbalances
· Learn about integrative interventions to help the client to regulate their physiology and improve mental health outcomes
· Evaluate the impact of internal and external physiologic stressors on mental health
· Learn about functional assessment, evaluation and specialized testing in the mental health population
About the Speaker:
Vanessa Ruiz, ND, RN-BSN, is a Naturopathic physician and registered nurse. She utilizes natural therapies such as biofeedback, somatic therapies, nutrition and botanical medicines in an integrative setting for both behavioral health and medical conditions at Integrative Mental Health Center in Scottsdale, Arizona. She earned her doctorate of naturopathic medicine at Southwest College in Tempe, Arizona, and her nursing degree from Stony Brook University, New York.
She has been featured in the “Dig Deep Documentary” and “Voyage Phoenix” for her work with trauma and natural mental health. She speaks nationally on the effect of adverse childhood experiences and how to approach them from a holistic perspective. As a nurse with over 10 years of experience, she is the founder of Nurses for Natural Health, an organization dedicated to educating and empowering nurses in natural health.
All art images are reproduced with the kind permission of Patricia Fitzgerald of Healing Creations. https://www.healingcreations.ie/